Full Perimeter Systems
- The basic principle is to collect ground water under the basement floor along the entire perimeter. The water is directed by pipes to one or more sump pumps and pits where it is evacuated from your home to an exterior bubbler pot. The bubbler pot allows the water to disperse harmlessly away from your home.
- High water alarms and heavy duty American made pumps are standard with the full perimeter system. Dehumidifier ports, foundation crack management, and floor drains may be incorporated with this system. Battery back-up systems (operate during power failure) are available with this system at the time of installation, or as an add-on after the system is complete
Sump Pumps & Basins
- Heart of the entire system: Sump Pump and Basin
- 99% of any of our systems have a sump basin, American Made
- The basin is installed beneath the floor
gives the system a head start when dealing with rising ground waterNeeds to alleviate the immediate water pressure against the foundation that is causing damage
Instead of waiting for a flood, the basin allows the system to begin work long before rising water becomes an issue
- Foundation cracks can be unsightly, leaky, and generally worrisome. Fear not! Most foundation cracks are not a serious problem.
- Regardless of the severity of the water issue related to cracks and their remedy, the principle is the same: we will contain and move the water to eliminate the associated mold, mildew, rot, and creepy crawlies.
- The remedy can be as simple as a vapor barrier. In other cases more elaborate remedies are required.
- The fix can be a stand-alone solution or part of a comprehensive basement system.
- Basement Moisture Creates Mold!
- The Environmental Protection Agency says:
- to "keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity."
- "the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
- "Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth."
- We install commercial grade dehumidifiers which can stand alone or be integrated into a basement waterproofing system.
- Our units can handle a large open space or be ducted to handle finished spaces without seeing the equipment.
- Sump pumps are mechanical devices and just like the furnace in your home, they require maintenance to preform optimally.
- Sump Pump systems should have annual system check-ups to make sure everything is working well. Sump pumps spend long periods of time idle and only work intermittently when ground water rises or in rare cases when there are heavy rains or a broken pipe. A defective sump pump won’t be obvious until it fails to operate when needed and by then, basement flooding and water damage could be extreme.
- We do also offer battery back-up systems that will operate in case of power or pump failure.
- Our Annual System Check-Up is a 22-point inspection and will leave your pump clean and in optimum working condition.
- One major source of water, which is often overlooked, is rain gutter downspouts.
- The downspout management system can even be combined with a basement waterproofing system for a multifunctioning streamlined installation.
- The ultimate goal is to move water away from your home as quickly and effortlessly as possible